Skip to content

Office of Sponsored Programs and Research.

Office of Sponsored Programs and Research (SPAR)

Research Foundation Non Employee Payments Page Title

If you have funds administered by the Research Foundation and need to pay individuals who are not employees (e.g., consultants, speaker honorariums), please continue....

Instructions on how to pay non employees for work on your project/account:

1. You will need to submit a Memorandum of Understanding (for total payments under $5,000) OR an Independent Contractor's Agreement (for total payments at or above $5,000)

2. The individual must submit an IRS W-9 form.

3. The individual must submit a signed original invoice for payment. (Feel free to use the invoice template as a guide)

4. The individual must provide a listing of clients, if any, and current resume.

5. The project director must provide a scope of work of the tasks to be performed by the individual and complete a RF payment request form (this can be obtained at the SPAR Office).

6. All of the above documents must be sent either to the SPAR Office (Box J-1010) or the Research Foundation at 230 W41st Street, NY, NY 10036.

If you have any questions, please contact the SPAR Office at 646-312-2205.

**The invoice should not contain an hourly rate--non employees can only have daily rates or monthly rates or per task rates.

Last Updated: 10/7/11