Office of Sponsored Programs and Research.
Office of Sponsored Programs and Research (SPAR)
Summer Salary Policies and Procedures for Grants and College Funds Administered at the Research Foundation
Important information concerning the CUNY/RF Summer Salary Process
- Effective Summer 2020, it will no longer be required for a Summer Salary PAF tobe completed and sent to SPAR. Instead, faculty members should submit their own summer salary appointments for each project for work that will be done via the Research Foundation's Summer Salary system.
- A signed CUNY Multiple Position Policy Summer Assignments Reporting form will need to be received by SPAR before the submitted appointment at the beginning of the summer so that appropriate funds may be encumbered on their respective grants.
- A faculty member's total time and salary allotted for their summer appointment (which consists of research and/or teaching) should not exceed 100% of their time and, on a per month basis, more than 1/9 of the faculty member's annual CUNY salary.
- The summer salary electronic system bases each faculty member's salary on the current salary information provided from the CUNYfirst system.
Summer Salary Internal Process for Payments
Please note that if you have inquiries regarding the campus procedures, payment schedules, payroll problems, etc. you must contact the SPAR Office at (646) 312-2205 or Zolicia.Abotsi@baruch.cuny.edu. Please do not contact the CUNY Human Resources Department regarding your payment unless instructed otherwise.
Summer salary payments are combined in your regular paycheck via Direct Deposit from Baruch College. If you encounter any problems with your direct deposit payment, please contact SPAR immediately.
Steps to Take
All Baruch faculty and staff receiving summer salary payments from their research grants or department funds that are administered by the Research Foundation must adhere to the following procedures:
- Complete the CUNY Summer Multiple Position Form by including the following information:
• Full name, Department, College
• Permissible Summer Compensation from CUNY (total CUNY annual salary x 3/9)
• Enter all types of summer payments anticipated. Grant research amounts go in the "Summer Research Foundation Grant Salary" box.
• Your Signature
• Department Chair's signature
- Submit your completed Multiple Position Policy Summer Assignments Reporting Form (SARF, signed by your department chair) to the SPAR Office to facilitate approval of the entered appointment.
- After your information is RF approved in the Summer Salary electronic system, you will receive a notification email from the RFCUNY Summer Salary System.
- After each pay period, log-in to the Research Foundation's Summer Salary system to submit your "Payment Authorization" request for that specific period. These must be submitted for payment.
- If you do not know your log-in info, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org at the Research Foundation. If we do not receive your request by the deadline then you will not receive your payment on the scheduled pay date.
Last Updated on 05/04/2020